Best New Network Shows

 


The new Fall Season on networks began on Monday, September 20. Since then we've seen a crop of new shows debut and it's fair to say most of them have been middling at best. This might be the most uninspiring crop of new series I've seen aside from last year's pandemic impacted slate. So, what's worth checking out?

There are really one new network series that I enjoyed enough to put in my regular rotation at this point. Then there are three more than have some potential.

The Big Leap
Mondays at 9 p.m. on FOX
About
: This new series focuses on a group of down-on-their-luck adults who find a chance at redemption when they're cast in a reality show where they put on a dance production of Swan Lake. I like the idea, the blend of humor and drama has been good. The characters have drawn me in and it has the best cast of one of the new shows. The ratings haven't been great, which gives me some concern that the show won't make it. But for now, this has been the one I've enjoyed the most.

Other Considerations:

La Brea
Tuesdays at 9 p.m. on NBC
About:
This one is a high concept that might not land. It's about a sink hole that opens in La Brea and drops a number of Southern California residents into a pre-historic world. I liked the idea and the first two episodes moved at a decent pace. I'm curious enough to give this a little run way and see where it goes.

CSI: Vegas
Wednesdays at 10 p.m. on CBS
About
: I enjoyed the original for the first nine seasons of its run. I like William Petersen and I'm excited to see him potentially come back in this show. The pilot, which aired Wednesday, was decent. The idea it's setting up is interesting and I'm hoping to see this develop into something moving forward.

Ghosts
Thursdays at 9 p.m. on CBS
About
: This one is about a couple who inherit a manor in the country and decide to fix it up into a bed and breakfast. The house is haunted, with ghosts living there. Through an accident the wife ends up able to see and communicate with them, hilarity ensues. The concept is intriguing and the first two episodes worked OK. I'm curious to see where this goes. In an environment weak in comedies, this might be the most promising new addition.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43