Favorite Films of All Time: No. 49

 


In 2022 I'm revisiting my favorite films of all time, doing a countdown of the Top 50 throughout the year. Check back each Friday for the latest installment in the countdown of films, which include releases through 2019. Agree? Disagree? Have a thought on the choice? Be sure to share in the comments below!


Walter Stratford: Hi... where're we going?
Bianca: Well, if you must know... a small study group of friends.
Walter Stratford: Otherwise known as an orgy?
Chastity: Mr. Stratford, it's just a party!
Walter Stratford: And hell is just a sauna.


10 Things I Hate About You (1999)
Starring:
Heath Ledger, Julia Stiles, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, David Krumholtz, Larisa Oleynik, Andrew Keegan, Allison Janney, and Larry Miller
Director: Gil Junger
About: When I was younger, movie experiences were a big deal. I remember the first time I saw 10 Things I Hate About You. We were able to rent it on Pay-Per-View, which was a thrill. Naturally, I recorded it on our VHS so I could watch time and again. And I did. The film, a modern twist on Shakespeare's Taming of the Shrew, is a blast. The script pops, as does the cast. And the soundtrack, which I also subsequently acquired, was the icing on the cake. There are so many great scenes here. It was the first American movie for Ledger, who shines, but Stiles, Gordon-Levitt, Krumholtz and Oleynik are all great. A special MVP is Miller, who plays the girls' father and has some of the best lines in the film. This is a movie that I've watched time and again and it never ceases to brighten my day and leave me chuckling. There were a few different films that that attempted a modern twist on Shakespeare to differing results, but this has long been my favorite. The chemistry of the cast combined with the flow of the story just works well. This is the first of a few teen/college comedies that landed on my list. I love the genre when it's done well, and that's the case with 10 Things I Hate About You. It's a film I come back to time and again, which is why it made this Top 50 countdown.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43