Best of the Small Screen: Network Sitcoms, No. 5

 


 Welcome to this year's exploration of TV, the Best of the Small Screen. Throughout the year I'll be looking at my favorite shows in four categories: Network Sitcoms, Network Dramas, Cable Series and Streaming Series. We'll cap the exploration with my Top 10 shows of all time regardless of format. Check back each Saturday for another installment in the countdown!

Rachel: You didn't finish reading it?
Ross: It was 5:30 in the morning, and you had rambled on for eighteen pages - front and back!

Friends (1994-2004)
Starring
: Jennifer Aniston, Courtney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matthew Perry, Matt LeBlanc, and David Schwimmer
Favorite Episodes: "The One Where Rachel Finds Out," Episode 1.24, "The One Where Ross Finds Out," Episode 2.07, "The One With the Prom Video," Episode 2.14, "The One Where No One's Ready," Episode 3.02, "The One at the Beach," Episode 3.25, "The One With the Jellyfish," Episode 4.01, "The One With Chandler in a Box," Episode 4.08, "The One With Ross's Wedding, Pt. 1 and 2," Episodes 4.23 and 4.24, "The One With Ross's Sandwich," Episode 5.09, "The One Where Everybody Finds Out," Episode 5.14; "The One in Vegas, Pt. 1 and 2," Episodes 5.23 and 5.24, "The One Where Ross Got High," Episode 6.09, "The One With the Routine," Episode 6.10, "The One With Monica and Chandler's Wedding, Pt. 1 and 2," Episodes 7.23 and 7.24, "The One With the Rumor," Episode 8.09, "The Last One," Episode 10.17
About: We come to the top half of my sitcom countdown and we arrive at Friends. I liked Friends when it was on. I was an early adopter, then lost the plot a little when I went away to college. But I remember watching the last few seasons and what it was like when the show ended. But it wasn't until I got married that Friends really became a part of my TV experience. It's my wife's favorite show and we had it on a lot. My wife loves to fall asleep with a show on and the TV on a timer. Her show of choice for years was Friends, and I fell asleep almost every night to episodes. And you know what, sometimes I'd be up for a lot longer than expected experiencing the episodes and chuckling. I get that some people love Friends and some think it's a little over-rated. For me, it's long been a fun show that has some great characters and some iconic moments and episodes. As you can see by the list above, it was hard for me to narrow down episodes. In fact, I wanted to include a few more. All those episodes have moments that I can vividly remember and make me laugh. It was a sitcom that ran 10 years and remained strong throughout its run. I have grown to appreciate it more the past 10 years with my wife, and it's climbed up the list of sitcoms I enjoy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43