Favorite Films of All Time: No. 46


 

In 2022 I'm revisiting my favorite films of all time, doing a countdown of the Top 50 throughout the year. Check back each Friday for the latest installment in the countdown of films, which include releases through 2019. Agree? Disagree? Have a thought on the choice? Be sure to share in the comments below!

The Joker: [fuming] Batman... Batman... Can somebody tell me what kind of a world we live in, where a man dressed up as a *bat* gets all of my press? This town needs an enema!

Batman (1989)
Starring:
Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson, Kim Basinger, Jack Palance, Billy Dee Williams, and Robert Wuhl
Director: Tim Burton
About: We come now to a classic film from my childhood. Ever since I can remember I've enjoyed superhero stories, but Batman has long been my favorite. I used to watch Batman: The Animated Series when I came home from school while I did homework. But Tim Burton's Batman was the first feature film I remember seeing from my favorite superhero. It was magical. From the opening moments when Keaton says "I'm Batman" to the closing and that creepy laughing coming from Joker as he's quite literally embedded in the pavement, I was hooked. Even hearing the theme song Danny Elfman created for the film, it takes me back to when I first saw it. I love Keaton in the role. In fact, to this day, he's still my favorite Batman. I'm pumped that he'll be back in the role in Flashpoint. I also loved Nicholson as the Joker. He's just enough over-the-top to make it memorable and fun. Burton does a great job of building the world and bringing a darker, more gritty Batman to film after the Adam West days, and feature film, of the 1960s. In the end, it's the whole experience of the film I love here. It's no longer my favorite Batman film thanks to the work of Christopher Nolan, but it remains a film I treasure. It's the first of three films featuring Batman to make the list, and it still holds a special place in my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43