Favorite Films of All Time: No. 40

 


In 2022 I'm revisiting my favorite films of all time, doing a countdown of the Top 50 throughout the year. Check back each Friday for the latest installment in the countdown of films, which include releases through 2019. Agree? Disagree? Have a thought on the choice? Be sure to share in the comments below!

Torrance Shipman: You know, mothers have killed to get their daughters on squads.
Christine Shipman: That mother didn't kill anybody. She hired a hit man.

Bring It On (2000)
Starring:
Kirsten Dunst, Eliza Dushku, Jesse Bradford, Gabrielle Union, and Lindsay Sloane
Director: Peyton Reed
About: I know what you're thinking, a comedy about cheerleaders? That's what I thought going into this movie, which came out just after the semester started in my second year of college. I was instantly taken with the quality of the writing, which hits you right off with an opening number that sets the tone for the film. That's a credit to Jessica Bendinger, who crafted the screenplay. The film has a great cast, too. I love Dunst in the lead role, and her rapport with Dushku and Bradford. I like the story and the blend of comedy and action. This one makes the most of its run time and offers something that felt different and really captured me. Comedy is a tricky genre, but this worked for me and has been among my favorite films to watch and re-watch for more than 20 years. It was an easy inclusion in my list of my favorite films of all time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43