Favorite Films of All Time, No. 37

 


In 2022 I'm revisiting my favorite films of all time, doing a countdown of the Top 50 throughout the year. Check back each Friday for the latest installment in the countdown of films, which include releases through 2019. Agree? Disagree? Have a thought on the choice? Be sure to share in the comments below!

Ellen: Clark, I think it'd be best if everyone went home... before things get worse.
Clark: WORSE? How could things get any worse? Take a look around here, Ellen. We're at the threshold of hell.

Christmas Vacation (1989)
Starring:
Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo, Juliette Lewis, Johnny Galecki, and Randy Quaid
Director: Jeremiah S. Chechik
About: I love the Christmas season, and there are a number of films I watch yearly. At the top of that list is Christmas Vacation. The Vacation series spanned four films, with this being the third. And yet, it's likely the most famous and certainly the best. I love Chase as Clark W. Griswold and the story here. It has a number of iconic lines and moments in the film. Nothing gets me set for the holidays like this film, which I watch at least once, but often more than once a year. It has become one of my favorite films, not just for the season but in general. It's a comedy with heart and a bit of edge. It works so beautifully that it has become an endearing classic that is a fan-favorite for many. That's why it ended up on this list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43