Summer Movie Preview, Pt. 2


 

The Summer Movie Season is nearly upon us! On Thursday I previewed five films I'm excited about in May and June. Today, I wrap up my Summer Movie Preview with five films I'm excited about in July and August. Films appear in release order!

Thor: Love and Thunder (July 8)
About:
I loved what Taika Waititi did with the third Thor film. He's back as the director here in a film that returns Chris Hemsworth to the title role and adds Brie Larson's Captain Marvel and Chris Pratt's Star Lord while returning Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) in a new role. I'm pumped.

Nope (July 22)
About:
Jordan Peele is an incredible and incredibly unique filmmaker. His latest, Nope, features a great cast and a fun trailer. It looks like it might be one of the highlights of the summer, if not the whole year.

Bullet Train (July 29)
About:
This action film about an assassin (Brad Pitt) assigned to a deadly job on a train looks like the kind of action-oriented kick in the pants that summer is all about. I'm excited to kick back and watch the mayhem unfold.

DC League of Super-Pets (July 29)
About
: This animated adventure looks like fun for the whole family. Keanu Reeves as Batman? Yes, please! I love the concept. I love the trailer. I love the whole thing.

The Man From Toronto (August 12)
About:
This summer comedy finds Kevin Hart as an every man with a deadly assassin played by Woody Harelson. We've seen these comedies from Hart before and I'm excited to see how this one plays out. August can be hit-or-miss for films, but this looks like one of the better late summer options.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43