Dynasty TE Rankings, Post Draft


 

The 2022 NFL Draft has come and gone, and with it we’ve seen where the Class of 2022 will play and how that figures to impact rosters. As draft season is beginning, it’s the ideal time to look at some updated positional rankings. Mondays throughout May I’ll be offering my revised dynasty positional rankings, concluding today with tight ends.

What can you say about tight end? Prior to last season, it was about getting one of the Top 3 or just waiting and playing roulette. But the position seemed to get stronger in 2021. Still, instead of traditional tiers, I’m going to do something fun here. So, sit back, relax and, hopefully, laugh.

The Elite: (TE1-TE6)

·       Mark Andrews

·       Kyle Pitts

·       T.J. Hockenson

·       George Kittle

·       Travis Kelce

·       Darren Waller

About: If I have one of these six, I feel pretty good for the next few years. Andrews and Pitts are the big prizes, while Hockenson is on Detroit, Kittle struggles to stay on the field, Kelce is aging and Waller has competition. Still, this is a tier break for me.

Getting Excited: (TE7-TE9)

·       Pat Freiermuth

·       Dalton Schultz

·       Dallas Goedert

About: Freiermuth is a great young receiver, while Schultz emerged as a great option in 2021 and Goedert is finally free of Zach Ertz in Philadelphia. I feel pretty good about these three. Not as good as about the six above them, but if I land one of these I think I’m in good shape.

Feeling Hopeful: (TE10-TE15)

·       Mike Gesicki

·       Dawson Knox

·       Cole Kmet

·       Noah Fant

·       Hunter Henry

·       Zach Ertz

About: This is the next group for me. They all have upside but also questions. For some, it’s about the defined role going forward (Gesicki and Knox), for others it’s the role in the offense (Kmet, Fant, Henry and Ertz), or even the offense itself. I believe in the talent but I can’t be as certain of the production. I’m happy to roster them but I’m not feeling as confident as with the other groups.

More Questions Than Answers: (TE16-TE29)

·       Irv Smith, Jr.

·       Greg Dulcich

·       Albert Okwuegbunam

·       Trey McBride

·       Austin Hooper

·       David Njoku

·       Robert Tonyan

·       Tyler Higbee

·       Jeremy Ruckert

·       Adam Trautman

·       Jonnu Smith

·       Logan Thomas

·       Brevin Jordan

·       Evan Engram

About: Is this a huge group? Yes, yes it is. And there’s some talented players here. I’m wagering that a few of these are going to pop in 2022 and a few more in years after. If any is my TE2 on my team, I feel good. If any is my TE1, I have some concerns. (If that’s you, know you’re not alone). There are questions about role, production and offense with all of these. Yet, they all have talent. Such is the nature of the tight end position.

If I Must: (TE30-TE37)

·       Rob Gronkowski

·       Gerald Everett

·       Hayden Hurst

·       Harrison Bryant

·       Ian Thomas

·       Dan Arnold

·       O.J. Howard

·       Mo-Allie Cox

About: Sometimes you need to grab a tight end. If you have to grab one, and nothing else is available, here’s a group of guys to consider. Again, if any of these is your TE1, you likely need help. It’s possible Gronkowski is a Top 12 option again, but it’s also possible he doesn’t play. Hence his position here. Anyway, I don’t think any of these guys is going to crack the Top 18 outside of Gronk, so this is a buyer beware and sometimes you just have to say YOLO when setting a lineup.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43