Dynasty WR Rankings, Post-Draft

 


The 2022 NFL Draft has come and gone, and with it we’ve seen where the Class of 2022 will play and how that figures to impact rosters. As draft season is beginning, it’s the ideal time to look at some updated positional rankings. Mondays throughout May I’ll be offering my revised dynasty positional rankings, continuing today with wide receivers.

As we’re approaching the season, I’m expanding the number of players I consider. For receivers, I’ll be looking at my Top 60 at the position, divided into tiers—WR1s, WR2s, WR3s, WR4s and WR5s.

WR1s: (WR1-WR12)

·       Justin Jefferson

·       Ja’Marr Chase

·       Cooper Kupp

·       Davante Adams

·       CeeDee Lamb

·       Deebo Samuel

·       Stefon Diggs

·       Terry McLaurin

·       A.J. Brown

·       Chris Godwin

·       Jaylen Waddle

·       Keenan Allen

About: For receivers it wasn’t the draft so much as all the wild off-season trades that have shaken up the position. I dropped Brown a couple slots because he has more competition in Philadelphia and I’m less sure of his role in the offense. Samuel remains a great prospect but a trade could shift him a few spots. I also am not as worried about Adams in Las Vegas as some others and not as bullish on Tyreek Hill in Miami as some others.

WR2s: (WR13-WR24)

·       Diontae Johnson

·       Tee Higgins

·       Tyreek Hill

·       D.J. Moore

·       Courtland Sutton

·       D.K. Metcalf

·       Amari Cooper

·       Michael Pittman, Jr.

·       Mike Evans

·       Jerry Jeudy

·       Elijah Moore

·       Marquise “Hollywood” Brown

About: This is an interesting tier. I had Elijah Moore higher but the drafting of Garrett Wilson hurts his ceiling. Johnson should be fine despite a shaky QB situation, ditto D.J. Moore but I didn’t feel like either can reach full WR1 potential in that situation. I like Cooper with Watson in Cleveland, but we don’t know how much Watson we get. Metcalf’s QB situation took a hit, while Sutton and Jeudy are on the rise with Russell Wilson. Finally, I like Brown landing with Murray in Arizona. I think he could be in for a big year.

WR3s: (WR25-WR36)

·       DeAndre Hopkins

·       Drake London

·       Mike Williams

·       Brandon Aiyuk

·       Rashod Bateman

·       Garrett Wilson

·       Jameson Williams

·       Treylon Burks

·       Michael Gallup

·       Brandin Cooks

·       Darnell Mooney

·       DeVonta Smith

About: This tier is all about a mix of veteran receivers who still have value and young receivers seemingly poised to step up. Mike Williams earned a second contract on a good offense. I like Allen better, but he’s a decent grab. Hopkins is facing a suspension to begin the year and we saw signs of decline last year. With Hollywood Brown in Arizona, I pushed him just outside my Top 24. This is also where the first four rookies land, with Wilson, London, Burks and Williams all landing in decent spots to have value. Meanwhile DeVonta Smith slides a little for me after the Eagles acquired A.J. Brown. I can’t see him being the top guy and I have my doubts about the overall potency of the Eagles’ offense.

WR4s: (WR37-WR48)

·       Amon-Ra St. Brown

·       Christian Kirk

·       Robert Woods

·       Hunter Renfrow

·       Allen Robinson

·       Michael Thomas

·       Juju Smith-Schuster

·       Chris Olave

·       George Pickens

·       Chase Claypool

·       Gabe Davis

·       Tyler Lockett

About: The first thing that jumps out here is how deep receiver is. This is an interesting tier of players who could go either way, which is likely why they’ve fallen to this range. I loved St. Brown’s rookie year but I also like Williams and T.J. Hockenson. What is his volume? Kirk, Woods, Robinson, Smith-Schuster and Thomas are all looking to get back to being a value, while Olave, Pickens, Claypool and Davis are trying to prove their value to their teams. Lockett, meanwhile, may have seen his value peak, especially with a shaky QB situation now.

WR5s: (WR49-WR60)

·       Calvin Ridley

·       Skyy Moore

·       Odell Beckham, Jr.

·       Adam Thielen

·       Christian Watson

·       Johan Dotson

·       Tim Patrick

·       Tyler Boyd

·       Allen Lazard

·       Kenny Golladay

·       David Bell

·       Alec Pierce

About: This tier shows not only how deep receiver is but how difficult it is to gauge the future and value for some players. Ridley has Top 10 talent but he fell off the map last season, was suspended for 2022 and now remains something of a lottery ticket for 2023. I still have him Top 50, but maybe I’m optimistic. Others in this tier are talented but fighting for targets (Patrick, Boyd, Golladay), young players looking to find their role (Moore, Watson, Dotson, Bell, Pierce) or veterans with an uncertain future (Beckham and Thielen). All should be rostered and all could be played in 2022. There’s another 12 all the way to 72 that I could say the same for as well. Receiver is crazy deep and possibly the most crucial fantasy position.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43