Favorite Films of All Time, No. 31

 


In 2022 I'm revisiting my favorite films of all time, doing a countdown of the Top 50 throughout the year. Check back each Friday for the latest installment in the countdown of films, which include releases through 2019. Agree? Disagree? Have a thought on the choice? Be sure to share in the comments below!

Benoit BlancBut the complexity and the gray lie not in the truth but what you do with the truth once you have it.

Knives Out (2019)
Starring
: Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Jamie Lee Curtis, Toni Collette, Michael Shannon, Don Johnson, Ana de Armas, Christopher Plummer, LaKeith Stanfield, and Katherine Langford
Director: Rian Johnson
About: Johnson makes an appearance on this list. It's his first, but it won't be his last. I also know that there are some reading here that would call this a reach. I get it. But film is a subjective experience. And when I saw Knives Out, a film I ended up seeing three times in theaters, I was smitten. I loved the dialogue and the story, the performances and the way this mystery played out. I'm curious about the sequels that are coming, but I doubt any will reach the heights of this film. I loved it from the jump. It was unlike anything I'd seen before, and Johnson does a great job telling this story. I loved Craig in the lead role, and I loved de Armas and the rest of the cast. This was a film that captured my heart and continues to delight me the many times I've seen it since. It is one of my favorite films, one of the few films I've given five stars, and an easy choice to add to this list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43