Early Playoff Predictions, NFC

 


The past few weeks I've looked at my Power Rankings as we sit now. Heading toward Training Camp, I'm offering my first look at my way too early playoff predictions. Today, I start with the NFC. Next Monday, I'll tackle the AFC.

NFC Playoffs:
1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (12-5).
Tom Brady is back, and the Buccaneers have a solid squad and a decent schedule. I think they win 12 games and end up atop the conference.
2. Los Angeles Rams (12-5). The defending Super Bowl champions are no slouches. They have a strong roster returning. I think the Rams lead out of the NFC West and make the playoffs as a high seed once again.
3. Dallas Cowboys (12-5). I still like the Cowboys' roster. I think the offense will still be strong, and keeping Dan Quinn on defense will help the Cowboys to win the NFC East again. 
4. Green Bay Packers (11-6). The Packers' offense took a blow losing Davante Adams. Still, the team has a solid defense and Aaron Rodgers. I think that's enough to help propel them back into the playoffs.
5. Minnesota Vikings (11-6) Wild Card. The Vikings have a good roster. By talent, the team probably should have been in the playoffs last year. With a weaker NFC, I think Kevin O'Connell can get his squad there this season.
6. Philadelphia Eagles (10-7) Wild Card. The Eagles were a surprise entry to the playoffs in 2021, but the addition of A.J. Brown gives them a boost on offense. The pressure is on Jalen Hurts, and I think he gets the Eagles back to the playoffs.
7. Detroit Lions (9-8) Wild Card. This is my biggest swing. The Lions weren't a great team by record in 2021, but they showed a lot of heart. I like what Dan Campbell is doing, and I like their pieces on offense. I think that's enough to just make it into the field this year.

Just Missed:
8. San Francisco 49ers (9-8).
I'm not sold on Trey Lance. I think the 49ers compete but fall just short.
9. New Orleans Saints (9-8). The Saints have talent but I think they probably end up just short again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43