Best of the Small Screen, Streaming Series No. 3

 


Welcome to this year's exploration of TV, the Best of the Small Screen. Throughout the year I'll be looking at my favorite shows in four categories: Network Sitcoms, Network Dramas, Cable Series and Streaming Series. We'll cap the exploration with my Top 10 shows of all time regardless of format. Check back each Saturday for another installment in the countdown!

The Mandalorian: “I’m a Mandalorian. Weapons are part of my religion.”

The Mandalorian (2019-)
Starring:
Pedro Pascal, Carl Weathers, Giancarlo Esposito, and Gina Carano
Favorite Episodes: "Chapter One: The Mandalorian," Episode 1.01; "Chapter Three: The Sin," Episode 1.03; "Chapter Eight: Redemption," Episode 1.08; "Chapter Nine: The Marshal," Episode 2.01; 
Chapter 13: The Jedi," Episode 2.05; "Chapter 14: The Tragedy," Episode 2.06; "Chapter 16: The Rescue," Episode 2.08; "Chapter Seven: In the Name of Honor," Episode 1.07 of The Book of Boba Fett
About: When Disney+ launched in 2019, the appeal was a new set of stories from Marvel and Star Wars. The first of those to debut was The Mandalorian. It was framed as a spaghetti western about a bounty hunter, and that was appealing. Little did I know what prize awaited me at the end of the pilot episode. The Child changed things. It went from a show about a bounty hunter to a story about a father and his child, protecting that child from the world. To say I was hooked is an under-statement. I have a replica of the The Child that sits on my shelf, and a painting of him in my office. The series was beautiful and engaging. I love Pascal in the lead role and the way these two seasons have evolved. Season 2B is actually The Book of Boba Fett, which is why I included an episode from there on this list. I can't wait for Season Three to continue the story in February. Regardless, this is my favorite of the original series launched by Disney+ and it isn't close.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43