Best of the Small Screen, Streaming Series No. 2

 


Welcome to this year's exploration of TV, the Best of the Small Screen. Throughout the year I'll be looking at my favorite shows in four categories: Network Sitcoms, Network Dramas, Cable Series and Streaming Series. We'll cap the exploration with my Top 10 shows of all time regardless of format. Check back each Saturday for another installment in the countdown!

Ted Lasso: "Taking on a challenge is a lot like riding a horse, isn't it? If you're comfortable while you're doing it, you're probably doing it wrong."

Ted Lasso (2020-)
Starring
: Jason Sudeikis, Brendan Hunt, Brett Goldstein, Hannah Waddingham, Nick Mohammed, Jeremy Swift, Juno Temple, and Toheeb Jimoh
Favorite Episodes: "Trent Crimm: The Independent," Episode 1.03; "Make Rebecca Great Again," Episode 1.07; "The Hope That Kills You," Episode 1.10; "Carol of the Bells," Episode 2.04; "Rainbow," Episode 2.05; "Man City," Episode 2.08; "Inverting the Pyramid of Success," Episode 2.12
About: A show about an American coaching soccer in England. Right, I thought. I watch and review the pilot and second episode of new scripted series. I figured I'd watch two of Ted Lasso, review it and be done. I'm not a fan of soccer, so I had trouble seeing the appeal. Then I watched the show. What I got was an absolute delight. The first season became my favorite show of the year, and the second season was just as captivating. Sudeikis is great in the lead role, but the entire cast and the blend of true humor and emotions is just plain brilliant. For All Mankind is the best show on Apple TV. I know that in my head. But Ted Lasso captured my heart, which is why it landed in this spot on the countdown. I can't wait for the final season coming this Fall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43