Favorite Films of All Time, No. 22

 


In 2022 I'm revisiting my favorite films of all time, doing a countdown of the Top 50 throughout the year. Check back each Friday for the latest installment in the countdown of films, which include releases through 2019. Agree? Disagree? Have a thought on the choice? Be sure to share in the comments below!

Cobb: "What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient... highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed - fully understood - that sticks; right in there somewhere."

Inception (2010)
Starring
: Leonardo DiCaprio, Ken Watanabe, Ellen Page, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Cillian Murphy, Tom Hardy, and Marion Cotillard
Director: Christopher Nolan
About: Nolan is a fascinating filmmaker. We've already had one of his films, Dark Knight Rises, appear on this countdown. There will be more after this, but Inception is one of those fascinating original concepts that just hooked me when I saw it. I loved the idea of the world of dreams. The mind is complex and fertile ground to be explored, and this film does a great job of taking that concept and creating a fascinating world. Nolan is an incredible filmmaker, one that creates rich, emotional characters while also creating some brilliant visuals. He's one of my favorite filmmakers, hence his multi-pronged appearance on this list. I love DiCaprio in the lead role and the emotional interactions between him and Cotillard. I also love the ending. It's left purposely ambiguous, which rankled some audiences. But for me, I saw it as Nolan asking people how they see the world. How you see the world and the story likely determines what you feel like the spinning top was telling you. That, is a true gift. It's been over a decade and people are still talking about it. This film was unlike anything I'd seen before and it remains a film I love to this day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43