2022 NFL Preview: AFC East

 


The NFL Season is barreling toward us. We are only a couple weeks away from games! As such, I continue my divisional previews. Today I'm staying in the East and swinging to the AFC, where there is one great team and three teams that are trying to build something around a young core.

Buffalo Bills
2022 Prediction
: 12-5
About: The Bills won 11 games and took the AFC East in 2021. They were agonizingly close to making the AFC Championship Game. I still love the roster and the potential, and I think that they can go a step or two further in 2022. I suspect they win 12 games and earn the top seed in the AFC going to the playoffs.

Miami Dolphins
2022 Prediction
: 8-9
About: The Dolphins brought in a new coach in Mike McDaniel and a new weapon in receiver Tyreek Hill. I like the makeup of the team and the potential, which is why it's probably surprising to see that record prediction. There are just too many good teams in the AFC. I think the Dolphins will have their moments but fall short of the playoffs again.

New England Patriots
2022 Prediction
: 8-9
About: The Patriots won 10 games and made the playoffs in 2021. That was a surprise outcome, and I think they played above themselves a little. I like Mac Jones but with Josh McDaniels in Las Vegas, I suspect this offense struggles with a lack of playmakers. That won't be good enough in this AFC. They won't be terrible, but they'll be around .500 and out of the playoffs.

New York Jets
2022 Prediction
: 6-11
About: The Jets are working on building a better team. A lot of that will fall on second-year quarterback Zach Wilson. Like Trevor Lawrence, I think he takes a bit of a step forward this year but the Jets are still not quite a playoff team. I like them to win six games and be competitive in most of the rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43