2022 NFL Preview: NFC East

 


The NFL Season is quickly approaching, so my preview tour continues. After looking at the South, it's time to turn my gaze to the East. Today I start that with the NFC East and the Cowboys. Can they fend off the upstart Eagles? Let's see.

Dallas Cowboys
2022 Prediction
: 11-6
About: The Cowboys won 12 games and took the East easily in 2021. There hasn't been a back-to-back division champ in some time. I suspect it won't be as easy in 2022 but I can't quit these Cowboys. I think Dallas has the best team and ends up winning the NFC East once again.

Philadelphia Eagles
2022 Prediction
: 10-7
About: The Eagles won nine games and were a surprise playoff team in 2021. They won't be a surprise this year. The team added A.J. Brown to bolster the offense and a slew of players on defense. The Eagles will challenge for the division title and could get there. I think they fall just short, win 10 games and make the playoffs.

Washington Commanders
2022 Prediction
: 8-9
About: Carson Wentz came to Washington, which is now the Commanders. The team went just 7-9 in 2020 but won the division. The team went 7-10 in 2021 and finished well out of the playoffs. I think Wentz will help but I'm not sold the Commanders have the team to compete with some of the best of the NFC. I suspect they win eight or nine games and just miss.

New York Giants
2022 Prediction
: 5-12
About: The Giants have a new coach in Brian Daboll, and while I like the hire the team still is a work in progress. The Giants haven't had a winning season in some time and I'm not sold Daniel Jones is the answer at quarterback. I think they'll have some better moments but only win five games and look toward next off-season to make some changes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43