Best of the Small Screen, Cable Series No. 9

 


Welcome to this year's exploration of TV, the Best of the Small Screen. Throughout the year I'll be looking at my favorite shows in four categories: Network Sitcoms, Network Dramas, Cable Series and Streaming Series. We'll cap the exploration with my Top 10 shows of all time regardless of format. Check back each Saturday for another installment in the countdown!

Lorne Malvo: Mister, we're not friends. I mean, maybe we will be someday. But I gotta say, if that were me in your position? I would have killed that man.
Lester Nygaard: Well, now... Come on.
Lorne Malvo: You said he bullied you in high school, right?
Lester Nygaard: Four years. Gave me an ulcer. You know what, one time, he put me in an oil barrel and rolled me in the road.
Lorne Malvo: Seriously? And now he tells you that he had relations with your wife. He bullies you again in front of his children. This is a man who doesn't deserve to draw breath.
Lester Nygaard: Yeah, okay, but, uh - Here's the thing -
Lorne Malvo: No. That is the thing.
Lester Nygaard: Well, heck! I mean, oh, okay.
Lorne Malvo: Okay.
Lester Nygaard: But... What am I supposed to do? Heck, you're so sure about it, maybe you should just kill him for me.

Fargo (2014-)
Starring
: Martin Freeman, Billy Bob Thornton, Allison Tollman, Colin Hanks, Kirsten Dunst, Jesse Plemmons, Ewan McGreggor, Ted Danson, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Patrick Wilson, Carrie Coon, Chris Rock, and Jessie Buckley
Favorite Episodes: "The Crocodile's Dilemma," Episode 1.01; "Buridian's Ass," Episode 1.06; "Who Shaves the Barber," Episode 1.07; "A Fox, A Rabbit and a Cabbage," Episode 1.09; "Morton's Fork," Episode 1.10; "Waiting for Dutch," Episode 2.01; "Gift of the Magi," Episode 2.05; "Rhinoceros," Episode 2.06; "The Castle," Episode 2.09; "The Law of Vacant Places," Episode 3.01; "Lord of No Mercy," Episode 3.06; "Who Rules the Land of Denial," Episode 3.08; "Welcome to the Alternate Economy," Episode 4.01
About: Anthology series are tough to pull off. When I first heard they were turning the film Fargo into a TV series, I didn't know what to think. Like other Coen Brothers films, it's the work of the creators that really make that hum. But, Noah Hawley was up to the challenge. The series, which draws inspiration from Coen Brothers films in style and story, was a revelation. The first season was an incredible work. The following seasons were also engaging, even the fourth season that isn't as popular. And I'm excited to see what the team will come up with for an announced fifth season. It's one of the signature shows on FX and a crime drama that delivers consistent quality and some great casts and stories. If you've never seen Fargo, what are you waiting for?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43