Best of the Small Screen, Cable Series No. 4

 


Welcome to this year's exploration of TV, the Best of the Small Screen. Throughout the year I'll be looking at my favorite shows in four categories: Network Sitcoms, Network Dramas, Cable Series and Streaming Series. We'll cap the exploration with my Top 10 shows of all time regardless of format. Check back each Saturday for another installment in the countdown!

Laurie Blake: "Men Who End Up Hanging From Trees With Secret Compartments In Their Closets Tend To Think Of Themselves As The Good Guys."

Watchmen (2019)
Starring:
Regina King, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Jeremy Irons, Jean Smart, and James Wolk
Favorite Episodes: "It's Summer and We're Running Out of Ice," Episode 1.01; "This Extraordinary Being," Episode 1.06; "A God Walks Into Abar," Episode 1.08; "See How They Fly," Episode 1.09
About: I love Watchmen. If you've been following my film countdown, you'll know it was on my list of my favorite films of all time. When I saw Damon Lindelof was producing a sequel series, I knew that I had to see it. This did not disappoint. It picks up years after the events of the original graphic novel and film, and it spins the world forward. It tells a new story that manages to connect the threads beautifully. It is powerful and poignant, dealing with the issues of the world the way the original work did. It's only nine episodes and we likely won't get any more, but it was an easy choice to land on this list because of how powerfully the narrative struck me. Lindelof is a great storyteller, and this is only one of his contributions to this countdown this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43