Best of the Small Screen, Cable Series No. 5

 


Welcome to this year's exploration of TV, the Best of the Small Screen. Throughout the year I'll be looking at my favorite shows in four categories: Network Sitcoms, Network Dramas, Cable Series and Streaming Series. We'll cap the exploration with my Top 10 shows of all time regardless of format. Check back each Saturday for another installment in the countdown!

Richard WintersThat night, I thanked God for seeing me through that day of days and prayed I would make it through D plus 1. I also promised that if some way I could get home again, I would find a nice peaceful town and spend the rest of my life in peace.

Band of Brothers (2001)
Starring
: Damian Lewis, Ron Livingston, Donnie Wahlberg, Scott Grimes, and Shane Taylor
Favorite Episode: "Day of Days," Episode 1.02; "Crossroads," Episode 1.05; "Breaking Point," Episode 1.07; "Why We Fight," Episode 1.09; "Points," Episode 1.10
About: The account of Easy Company, part of the 101st Airborne Company during World War II is an epic story. It was captured in print form by Stephen Ambrose and was brought to life by a talented cast and crew thanks to producers Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg. I remember when this mini-series first aired. I was in college and didn't have HBO. I waited until I could get my hands on the DVDs. I devoured the 10 episodes in a day, and have seen it many times since. When it comes to thinking about the greatest series I've seen, this one always springs quickly to mind. The production is incredible, as is the story. It's heart-breaking at times but it's beautifully told.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43