Favorite Films of All Time, No. 15

 


 In 2022 I'm revisiting my favorite films of all time, doing a countdown of the Top 50 throughout the year. Check back each Friday for the latest installment in the countdown of films, which include releases through 2019. Agree? Disagree? Have a thought on the choice? Be sure to share in the comments below!

Louise Banks: Despite knowing the journey... and where it leads... I embrace it... and I welcome every moment of it.

Arrival (2016)
Starring
: Amy Adams, Jeremy Renner, Forest Whitaker, Michael Stuhlbarg, and Tzi Ma
Director: Denis Villenueve
About: If you knew you were going to suffer in the future, would you make a different choice? Or would the beauty of the journey be enough to keep you on your path? This film, from Villenueve appeared to be a tale of aliens. It's true, it is that. But it's also so much more. It arrived the same year as a number of great films, including another that appeared on this list. I was taken with Arrival when I first saw it, but my love of the film has steadily grown over the years and many viewings since. That's how it ended up so high on this list. I love Villenueve as a director and his talent with visuals. This is my favorite of his films because of the cinematic style, the performances and the rich narrative that leaves you thinking long after the film ends. Adams is fantastic in the film and the narration that goes through the film helps tell a rich story that has many layers, bending with time. This is a masterpiece that should be sought out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43