Best of the Small Screen, Favorite Series of All Time, No. 10

 


Welcome to this year's exploration of TV, the Best of the Small Screen. Throughout the year I'll be looking at my favorite shows in four categories: Network Sitcoms, Network Dramas, Cable Series and Streaming Series. We'll cap the exploration with my Top 10 shows of all time regardless of format. Check back each Saturday for another installment in the countdown!

Richard Winters: Captain Sobel, we salute the rank, not the man.

Band of Brothers (2001)
Starring
: Damian Lewis, Ron Livingston, Donnie Wahlberg, and Scott Grimes
Previous Position: Cable Series, No. 5
About: Here we are with my overall Top 10. We've gone on a journey, looking at the Top 10 in four different categories: Network Sitcoms, Network Dramas, Streaming Series and Cable Series. Here begins the journey where I pull my Top 10 overall. The first of these is Band of Brothers. When making the overall list, it wasn't easy. There are a lot of great series. Some were locks for the list, but in looking at the final selections, it took a lot of time and consideration. For me, cable series have long been my favorites. As you'll see, a total of five from that list made the combined list. That's by far the most. This first entry is Steven Spielberg's WWII epic. I remember when I first saw it and the striking impact it made. I've watched it a number of times over the years and I continue to be moved by the quality and the storytelling. Ultimately, it was a tough decision to settle on my last pick here, but I couldn't leave Band of Brothers off the list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43