Best of the Small Screen, Favorite Series of All Time, No. 7

 


Welcome to this year's exploration of TV, the Best of the Small Screen. Throughout the year I'll be looking at my favorite shows in four categories: Network Sitcoms, Network Dramas, Cable Series and Streaming Series. We'll cap the exploration with my Top 10 shows of all time regardless of format. Check back each Saturday for another installment in the countdown!

Harry Bosch: "Places are safe until they aren't. It takes only one moment, one bad actor, one chance crossing of predator and prey to change things."

Bosch (2014-2021)
Starring:
Titus Welliver, Jamie Hector, Amy Aquino, Lance Reddick, and Madison Lintz
Original Position: Streaming Series, No. 1
About: I remember the first time I saw Bosch. It was during a pilot season presentation from Amazon when such a thing was a part of their process. I watched the pilot knowing nothing about the show, the character and the world created in the books from Michael Connelly. And yet, I was quickly hooked. I remained that way throughout the series seven season run. Eric Ellis Overmyer, who previously worked on The Wire and adapted this series for television, did a great job building the world. But it's the performance of Welliver as Harry Bosch that really sold it for me. I looked forward to the series each year it aired, and I'm enjoying the spin-off now. It is my favorite of the many streaming series we've gotten and one of my favorite series of all time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43