Favorite Films of All Time, No. 6

 


In 2022 I'm revisiting my favorite films of all time, doing a countdown of the Top 50 throughout the year. Check back each Friday for the latest installment in the countdown of films, which include releases through 2019. Agree? Disagree? Have a thought on the choice? Be sure to share in the comments below!

Hooper: I'm not going to waste my time arguing with a man who's lining up to be a hot lunch.

Jaws (1975)
Starring:
Roy Scheider, Richard Dreyfuss, and Robert Shaw
Director: Steven Spielberg
About: This is a film I've seen many, many times. It was one of the earliest films I watched and it has captivated me throughout my life. It was the original summer blockbuster, and it's a film that has become part of an annual tradition for me. I watch Jaws each year on the Fourth of July, the holiday that plays a major factor in the plot. I've purchased it many times on many different platforms and never been sorry I did. I remember purchasing the 25th Anniversary edition, which comes complete with a documentary about the making of the film. Nearly everything that could go wrong did. Production was difficult, the mechanical shark wouldn't work and the film started shooting without a script because of a looming writers' strike. And yet, the talent of Spielberg and this cast congealed into something magical and iconic. If you've read Peter Benchley's novel, you know this is a somewhat stout departure from the source material at key points, and yet all of it works to enhance the final product. It's one of Spielberg's best films, and one of my most favorite films he's made. Seeing it this year finally on the big screen only enhanced my appreciation for this classic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43