Best Picture Nominees: Triangle of Sadness

 


The 95th Academy Awards are March 12 and the nominees were announced Tuesday. As we move toward the awards, I'll be looking at all 10 Best Picture Nominees.

Triangle of Sadness
Starring
: Harris Dickinson, Charlbi Dean, Woody Harrelson, and Dolly De Leon
Director: Ruben Ostlund
Total Nominations: 3
Nominated For: Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay
About: This was probably one of the biggest surprises among the Oscar nominee slate. It earned a total of three nominations, grabbing a screenplay and director nod before making the final Best Picture field. It's a wild and crazy film, one that I enjoyed in parts. I thought it was a bit long, and not all of it was an interesting as I hoped. I loved the wildly creative dining room sequence and I really enjoyed Harrelson's performance. In terms of its chances, I think the win for this film is likely in getting the nominations, which could lead to greater exposure and more people seeing the film. It feels like the best odds of the three nominations is likely in screenplay, though I see even that as seemingly unlikely. Still, you're not likely to find a more wild ride among this year's Best Picture nominees.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43