Favorite Superhero Films, No. 50

 


Throughout 2023 I'll be sharing my favorite Superhero Films each Saturday, counting down from 50 to 1. Check back each week throughout the year for the next installment. Agree? Disagree? What to share a favorite? Post it in the comments.

DeadpoolAnd believe it or not, Deadpool 2 is a family film. True story. And every big family film starts... with a vicious murder. Bambi, The Lion King, Saw 7.

Deadpool 2 (2018)
Starring
: Ryan Reynolds, Josh Brolin, Morena Baccarin, Zazzie Beetz, Karan Soni, Julian Dennison, and T.J. Miller
Director: David Leitch
About: Sequels can be tough but Deadpool has a lot of fun with it. Reynolds is great in the lead role and the script from Rhett Reese, Paul Wernick and Reynolds crackles with a lot of humor. It has a wild first act and then continues that throughout the film. I like the way it built a team and I enjoyed Brolin in the role as Cable. Beetz, Miller and Soni are a lot of fun, too, in supporting roles. This is also the rare film that has a toned down version. I remember seeing Once Upon A Deadpool, which includes sequences with Fred Savage, and laughing really hard as well. I don't consider that a separate film since it's really just a version of this film, but it adds to my enjoyment of this presentation. I'm glad Disney is continuing on with this franchise and with Reynolds in this role.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43