Favorite Superhero Movies, No. 49


 Throughout 2023 I'll be sharing my favorite Superhero Films each Saturday, counting down from 50 to 1. Check back each week throughout the year for the next installment. Agree? Disagree? What to share a favorite? Post it in the comments.

Wonder Woman: You cannot escape my Lasso of Truth.
Lulu: You want the truth? The boots are a little much.

DC League of Super-Pets (2022)
Starring:
Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Kate McKinnon, John Krasinski, Natasha Lyonne, Marc Maron, Diego Luna, and Keanu Reeves
Director: Jared Stern and Sam J. Levine
About: This is one of a few films from 2022 that made the list. But for me, it's probably the most surprising. Animated films aren't my favorite, and when I saw the trailer for this one I wasn't sure what to think. In fact, it was a busy time and I didn't even catch this film in the theater. I saw it months later, on a plane. But what I saw hooked me. It was engaging, fun and ended up having a really great story. When it comes to superhero films, animated tales have become a bigger share of what storytellers are doing with the world. This is the first of a couple animated superhero tales to make the list. It's one that's a lot of fun. Johnson and Hart have teamed together for a few films and have such a great rapport and great comedic timing. That translates over to this film well. McKinnon is also a lot of fun, voicing the primary antagonist for the Super-Pets. You might be like me, looking at this film and thinking it's not for you. I urge you to give it a chance. It ended up being one of my favorite animated films of 2022 and made it onto this list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43