Favorite Superhero Films, No. 44

 


Throughout 2023 I'll be sharing my favorite Superhero Films each Saturday, counting down from 50 to 1. Check back each week throughout the year for the next installment. Agree? Disagree? What to share a favorite? Post it in the comments.

Wanda Maximoff: I don't relish hurting anyone, Stephen. But she's not a child. She's a supernatural being. Such power could reap havoc on this and other worlds. Her sacrifice would be for the greater good.
Dr. Stephen Strange: Well then you can kiss the lunchbox goodbye, because that's the kind of excuse our enemies use.
Wanda Maximoff: Is it the one you use? When you gave Thanos the Time Stone?
Dr. Stephen Strange: That was war and I did what I had to do.
Wanda Maximoff: You break the rules and you become the hero. I do it and I become the enemy. That doesn't seem fair.

Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness (2022)
Starring
: Benedict Cumberbatch, Elizabeth Olsen, Rachel McAdams, Benedict Wong, and Xochitl Gomez
Director: Sam Raimi
About: This is one of the newer films on this list, released just last year. It was also one of the most anticipated of the summer, but it didn't quite live up to the hype. I get the arguments against it. I didn't love it as much as I'd hoped, but I did enjoy the story and some of the bits, even if you could accuse them of being mostly fan service. Seeing John Krasinski as Mr. Fantastic was fun. Seeing Patrick Stewart again was fun. But this is a darker story, and that was tough. I enjoy Wanda Maximoff, and I like Olsen in the role. I also loved Wanda Vision, but after seeing this film I realized you're supposed to watch that story in a different way. I didn't see Wanda as the villain, but that's what she becomes here. I'm hoping that changes some in future projects. Still, there was enough here that I enjoyed for it to land in the middle of my Marvel Cinematic Universe rankings, and to make it on this list!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43