Favorite Superhero Films, No. 47

 


Throughout 2023 I'll be sharing my favorite Superhero Films each Saturday, counting down from 50 to 1. Check back each week throughout the year for the next installment. Agree? Disagree? What to share a favorite? Post it in the comments.

Catwoman: You're catnip to a girl like me. Handsome, dazed, and to die for.
Batman: Mistletoe can be deadly if you eat it.
Catwoman: But a kiss can be even deadlier if you mean it. You're the second man who killed me this week, but I've got seven lives left.
Batman: I tried to save you.
Catwoman: Seems like every woman you try to save ends up dead... or deeply resentful. Maybe you should retire.

Batman Returns (1992)
Starring
: Michael Keaton, Michelle Pfeiffer, Danny DeVito, Christopher Walken, and Alfred Gough
Director: Tim Burton
About: Batman is and always has been my favorite superhero. We've also been blessed to see a number of films featuring Batman over the years, and many of them will be on this list. This is the first. The second film directed by Burton and featuring Keaton in the title role. Keaton is my favorite Batman, so it's natural both his films would end up on this list. This sequel is also a Christmas film, which is a lot of fun. In this one Pfeiffer plays Catwoman and DeVito as The Penguin. They both sink into the roles and seem to be having a lot of fun. I like the action here and the back-and-forth. I think this one sometimes gets lost in the shuffle of Batman films and superhero films. I had a chance to see it again in theaters last year, and I still love it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43