Dynasty Rankings Pre-Draft, QB

 


The NFL Draft is just over a month away, and the fortunes of many teams and fantasy players will change once the crop of 2023 rookies is added. Before that happens, I'm looking at my dynasty rankings, starting today with my top 25 quarterbacks.

1. Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills. Allen is a great fantasy producer both through the air and on the ground. it's a close call, but I'm still on team Allen.

2. Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs. Mahomes is a great passer and despite a revolving set of weapons, he's a great fantasy producer.

3. Joe Burrow, Cincinnati Bengals. Burrow is a great young passer that has an exceptional set of weapons. He's a rock solid option.

4. Jalen Hurts, Philadelphia Eagles. A threat with his legs and his arm, he has a talented cast of weapons and is a great fantasy producer.

5. Justin Fields, Chicago Bears. I was high on Fields before he got D.J. Moore and a better offensive line. Now, that just feels like gravy.

6. Trevor Lawrence, Jacksonville Jaguars. Lawrence needed the right coach, and he's got that now. He also has a great core of weapons.

7. Justin Herbert, Los Angeles Chargers. I like Herbert's talent but I have questions about his weapons and coaching staff, so I have him a touch lower.

8. Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys. Still a strong passer with a good group of weapons, it's fair to wonder if the coaching change in Dallas will impact him.

9. Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens. I don't know if he'll be back in Baltimore 100 percent, so this may shift. I also have questions about his weapons, but Jackson produces when he's on the field.

10. Deshaun Watson, Cleveland Browns. I'm setting aside personal feelings and focusing on football. Watson looked like a Top 5 quarterback when he was last a full-time starter. Can he recapture the magic? The Browns bet on it and I'm not betting against it.

11. Daniel Jones, New York Giants. I like Jones back in New York, where Brian Daboll seems to have unlocked his potential. He's got Darren Waller and Parris Campbell now, hopefully that helps him continue to thrive.

12. Tua Tagovailoa, Miami Dolphins. I'd have Tua higher but I still worry about his health. Still, it's seeming better, which is why I've moved him up a bit from where I was a month ago.

13. Kirk Cousins, Minnesota Vikings. Cousins isn't flashy but he's a steady producer with a few good years left.

14. Jared Goff, Detroit Lions. Ditto what I said about Cousins, plus a solid core of weapons.

15. Kyler Murray, Arizona Cardinals. The talent is there but questions about scheme, role and healthy linger for me, so I have him lower than some.

16. Aaron Rodgers, New York Jets. Rodgers still has solid talent. It might only be a one to two year investment, but he's got QB1 upside for 2023 in New York.

17. Russell Wilson, Denver Broncos. Was last year a down year? Sure, but the Broncos have made strides to improve on offense and now have a team run by Sean Payton. I see hope.

18. Mac Jones, New England Patriots. Juju Smith-Schuster and Mike Gesicki are a good start, but let's hope the Patriots keep adding pieces for Mac on offense.

19. Geno Smith, Seattle Seahawks. We probably saw Geno's best possible season last year but he should have solid QB2 value for the next couple years in a decent Seattle offense.

20. Derek Carr, New Orleans Saints. The Saints made a splash landing Carr, who is a capable passer and fantasy producer. I like the offensive pieces and I think he's a solid QB2.

21. Kenny Pickett, Pittsburgh Steelers. The top quarterback from the 2022 draft class, he looks like a capable starter and QB2.

22. Jimmy Garoppolo, Las Vegas Raiders. Jimmy G. comes to the Raiders, reuniting with Josh McDaniels and surrounded by weapons. If he can stay healthy, he is a solid QB2 option the next few years.

23. Matthew Stafford, Los Angeles Rams. I like Stafford's talent, but health is a concern as is the demise of the Rams' once prolific offense. He's more than likely a one-year bet, and a risk at that.

24. Baker Mayfield, Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Baker has another shot at redemption, this time a one-year deal with a good set of receivers in Tampa Bay. Can he step up? I still believe he might but it's a risk.

25. Trey Lance, San Francisco 49ers. Am I too low on Lance? Perhaps, but I haven't seen anything in two years to believe he's a lock. Brock Purdy might not be available much in 2023, and Sam Darnold isn't a huge threat, but Lance has to prove it to me before I push my chips in. I feel like he's in the same position Zach Wilson was in 2022 and that didn't pan out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43