Favorite Superhero Movies, No. 36

 


Throughout 2023 I'll be sharing my favorite Superhero Films each Saturday, counting down from 50 to 1. Check back each week throughout the year for the next installment. Agree? Disagree? What to share a favorite? Post it in the comments.

Steve Rogers: I don't want to kill anyone. I don't like bullies; I don't care where they're from.

Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
Starring:
Chris Evans, Hayley Atwell, Sebastian Stan, Tommy Lee Jones, Stanley Tucci, and Hugo Weaving
Director: Joe Johnston
About: Captain America (Evans) isn't my favorite of the Avengers, but this film was the lynchpin of the first phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It was the important origin story we needed before we got The Avengers. It sets the stage for what's to come, taking the action back to World War II. We meet Steve Rogers before he gets his powers. He's a scrawny kid that just wants to serve. He finds that opportunity to serve and becomes the hero America needs. His sacrifice moves the story from that era into the modern era. I like the style and storytelling here. Evans is perfect in the part and his chemistry with Atwell is undeniable. It's a fun period story but also a solid origin story. It's not the best of the stand-alone Captain America tales for me, but it's a solid and entertaining film that makes this list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43