Favorite Superhero Movies, No. 38

 


Throughout 2023 I'll be sharing my favorite Superhero Films each Saturday, counting down from 50 to 1. Check back each week throughout the year for the next installment. Agree? Disagree? What to share a favorite? Post it in the comments.

Mr. Incredible: No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again. Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit? I feel like the maid; I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!

The Incredibles (2004)
Starring:
Craig T. Nelson, Holly Hunter, Samuel L. Jackson, and Jason Lee
Director: Brad Bird
About: The next film in my countdown is another animated feature, this time one from the Pixar library of films. I like the concept and set up here. This is not only one of my favorite superhero films, it's one of my favorite Pixar films. It's a creative film about family. We start with Mr. Incredible (Nelson) and Elastagirl (Hunter) during a a boom time for heroes. They're in love, about to be married and anything seems possible. Flash forward 15 years, and a slew of lawsuits have forced superheroes into hiding. Now, they're trying to be suburban parents, hiding their powers, and missing the thrill of their former life when a door opens. I love the humor and the voice work here. Bird, who directed the film, also provides a voice of Edna, and is a delight. The humor and action work, the story of family works well and this sets the stage for the sequel, which was also solid. This is something fun and different, one of the reasons I have it on this list, and one of the highest ranked animated films on this list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43