Summer Movie Preview, Pt. 1

 


April is drawing to a close and the summer is coming, which means three months of blockbusters and more at the movies. Over the next two posts, I'll be looking at three films each month, May through August, that I'm excited to see. In this first post I'm covering May and June. Films appear in release date order!

May:

Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 3 (May 5)
About:
I love the Guardians of the Galaxy. The original film remains my favorite MCU film. This third installment figures to be a deeply emotional journey and a great way to kick off the summer. I love this group of heroes and I'm both incredibly excited and nervous to see this chapter end.

Still: A Michael J. Fox Movie (May 12)
About:
This documentary debuted at Sundance but streams the second week in May on Apple TV+. It bowed to rave reviews and I love Fox as a performer. This could be one of the best documentaries of the year.

Fast X (May 19)
About:
The tenth film in this franchise, which began back in 2001. This is billed as the beginning of the end. These films have gotten a bit further from reality, but I still love the franchise. I'll be there opening weekend.

June:

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (June 2)
About:
The first of these animated Spider-Man tales was incredible and an incredible surprise. It won the Academy Award as the best animated film of the year, and remains one of my favorite superhero films. We've had to wait a while for the sequel but I have a feeling it will be worth the wait.

The Flash (June 16)
About:
Ezra Miller is a lightning rod as a person, so it's hard to get excited for his big moment. Still, I like the Flashpoint storyline and I'm thrilled to see Michael Keaton back as Batman. I don't know how I feel about this one, but I'm going to be there to see it opening day.

Asteroid City (June 23)
About:
The latest from Wes Anderson features a loaded cast, a beautiful look and another quirky premise. The trailer was an absolute delight. I can't wait.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43