Favorite Superhero Movies, No. 29


 

Throughout 2023 I'll be sharing my favorite Superhero Films each Saturday, counting down from 50 to 1. Check back each week throughout the year for the next installment. Agree? Disagree? What to share a favorite? Post it in the comments.

Peter Quill: It's how eyesight works, you stupid raccoon.
Rocket: *Don't call me a racoon*!
Peter Quill: I'm sorry. I took it too far. I meant trash panda.
[Rocket looks around in confusion]

Rocket: Is that better?
Drax: I don't know.
Peter Quill: [snickering] It's worse. It's so much worse.

Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2 (2017)
Starring:
Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel, Karen Gillian, Pom Klementieff, Michael Rooker, and Kurt Russell
Director: James Gunn
About: There are a lot of films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. As this countdown has already shown, I have a different take than others when it comes to ranking films in the MCU. The Guardians are among my favorites in that world, so it makes sense that this sequel would make my list. Not everyone cared for this followup, and I'll admit it's the weakest of what's now a trilogy. It's still a good film. I enjoy the comedy and I enjoy the introduction of Mantis, as well as seeing Nebula join the team. But this comes down to the father-son dynamic for Peter, which plays out well with Rooker and Russell. There's some beautiful moments in this film and I enjoy the way Gunn puts together these stories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43