Films of the 1970s, No, 29

 


Throughout 2023 I'm looking at my favorite films from the decade of the 1970s. I'll be counting down from 50 to 1 throughout the year, posting a new installment each Friday. Agree? Disagree? Want to share a story? Post it in the comments below!

Alvy Singer: I remember the staff at our public school. You know, we had a saying, uh, that those who can't do teach, and those who can't teach, teach gym. And, uh, those who couldn't do anything, I think, were assigned to our school.

Annie Hall (1977)
Starring
: Woody Allen, Diane Keaton, and Carol Kane
Director: Woody Allen
About: Allen is a controversial figure away from the screen but his films continue to endure because of a unique perspective and style. He's not my favorite filmmaker, but this film is quite good. It was one of the iconic films of the 1970s, featuring some snappy dialogue and a great back-and-forth from Allen and Keaton. They make for a great pair on the screen. This is easily my favorite of Allen's films and one of the better entries of its type. It was an easy call to include it among my favorite films of the 1970s.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43