Favorite Superhero Movies, No. 22

 


Throughout 2023 I'll be sharing my favorite Superhero Films each Saturday, counting down from 50 to 1. Check back each week throughout the year for the next installment. Agree? Disagree? What to share a favorite? Post it in the comments.

Christine Everheart: I'm sorry, Mr. Stark, but do you honestly expect us to believe that that was a bodyguard in a suit that conveniently appeared, despite the fact that...
Tony Stark: I know that it's confusing. It is one thing to question the official story, and another thing entirely to make wild accusations, or insinuate that I'm a superhero.
Christine Everheart: I never said you were a superhero.
Tony Stark: Didn't?
Christine Everheart: Mmm-mmm.
Tony Stark: Well, good, because that would be outlandish and, uh, fantastic. I'm just not the hero type. Clearly. With this laundry list of character defects, all the mistakes I've made, largely public.
Rhodey: [whispers to Tony] Just stick to the cards, man.
Tony Stark: Yeah, okay.
[holds up his notes and pauses]
Tony Stark: The truth is...
[puts cards down]
Tony Stark: I am Iron Man.

Iron Man (2008)
Starring
: Robert Downey, Jr., Terrence Howard, Gwenyth Paltrow, Leslie Bibb, and Jeff Bridges
Director: Jon Favreau
About: There was a time when the Marvel Cinematic Universe was just an idea. When Iron Man debuted in 2008, no one knew what to expect, or what it would lead to. Downey was excellent in the role and Favreau delivered a wonderful, witty and fun film. It started something that is still going strong after more than 40 feature films and TV series. That's an impressive accomplishment, but it all began with this film. We saw three stand-alone Iron Man films, and this is easily the best. It also remains one of my favorite MCU films and one of my favorite superhero films. It's a classic and one that is always fun to re-watch as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43