Favorite Superhero Movies, No. 24

 


Throughout 2023 I'll be sharing my favorite Superhero Films each Saturday, counting down from 50 to 1. Check back each week throughout the year for the next installment. Agree? Disagree? What to share a favorite? Post it in the comments.

Katy: I know you don't like to talk about your life, but a guy with a freaking MACHETE FOR AN ARM just chopped our bus in half!

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021)
Starring
: Simu Liu, Awkwafina, Michelle Yeoh, and Tony Leung Chiu-wai
Director: Destin Daniel Cretton
About: Coming out of COVID, in the aftermath of Endgame, it was unclear what to expect from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. We saw four films released in 2021 and Shang-Chi was probably the least hyped of the four. And yet, it offers a great introduction to a new character played by Liu, some solid action sequences and becomes a memorable addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I loved Liu in the lead and Awkwafina is great as his friend, Katy. We get some great martial arts sequences and a story that feels fun and different. I didn't know what to expect coming into this film but I was impressed with the final product, which stood up as one of my favorites the year it was released.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43