2023 Broncos' Season, Roster Projections

 


We're making our way through the off-season, and we've hit the crucial time when the roster takes shape. Each Thursday throughout August I'll be making my best guess about who makes the initial Final 53. The first pre-season game is coming, we'll see how this changes before next week!

Quarterback (2):
* Russell Wilson
* Jarrett Stidham

About: Ben DiNucci has been fine but I suspect he's a Practice Squad guy. I think the Broncos keep two and go with Wilson and Stidham.

Running Back (4):
* Javonte Williams
* Samaje Perine
* Tyler Badie
* Michael Burton

About: Williams is healthy, which is the great news. I think his spot, that of Perine and Burton the fullback are set. It's all about finding that third running back. At this point Badie appears to have the lead. But it figures to be a battle between him, Tony Jones and Jaleel McLaughlin.

Wide Receiver (6):
* Jerry Jeudy
* Courtland Sutton
* Marvin Mims
* Marquez Callaway
* Brandon Johnson
* Kendal Hinton

About: This position group has taken a hit recently. I think that the Broncos will keep six. Earlier, I thought maybe more, but now I think they might keep an extra tight end. Jeudy, Sutton and Mims feel like locks. I think Callaway makes it along with Johnson and Hinton.

Tight End (4):
* Greg Dulcich
* Adam Trautman
* Chris Manhertz
* Albert Okwuegbunam

About: The injuries at receiver might benefit Albert O. I think he's still on the roster bubble, but feels like a better depth option as a pass catcher than snagging another receiver. Dulcich and the blocker Manhertz feel like locks, and I like Trautman to catch on, too.

Offensive Line (9):
* Garrett Bolles
* Mike McGlinchey
* Ben Powers
* Quinn Meinerz
* Lloyd Cushenberry
* Cam Fleming
* Quinn Bailey
* Kyle Fuller
* Alex Forsyth

About: The Broncos could only keep eight, but I'm projecting nine for now. Four starting positions seem settled. The question is center, and as you can see I think the Broncos keep a few options, along with a pair of solid reserve tackles.

Defensive Line (6):
* Zach Allen
* D.J. Jones
* Mike Purcell
* Matt Henningsen
* Jonathan Harris
* Elijah Garcia

About: The Broncos will keep six, likely, but this feels like a thin group. Allen and Jones feel like locks, the rest feels somewhat open. This is my guess for now. I also could see them keeping five and going with an extra linebacker.

Linebacker (9):
* Frank Clark
* Randy Gregory
* Jonathan Cooper
* Baron Browning
* Nik Bonnitto
* Josey Jewell
* Alex Singleton
* Drew Sanders
* Aaron Patrick

About: This is another place where we've seen injuries. The Broncos have some great pass-rushing options, and I suspect they keep five of those along with four in the middle. Jewell and Singleton are starters. I like Sanders, the rookie, and Patrick right now. We'll see if that changes.

Defensive Backs (10):
* Patrick Surtain II
* Tremon Smith
* K'Waun Williams
* Damarri Mathis
* Riley Moss
* Justin Simmons
* Kareem Jackson
* Caden Sterns
* P.J. Locke
* J.L Skinner

About: The Broncos' secondary is deep. I have 10 here and that still leaves some decent players on the table. I love Essang Bassey but I just couldn't lock him in here. We'll see how the pre-season goes.

Special Teams (3)
* Brett Maher
* Riley Dixon
* Mitchell Fraboni

About: For the first time in a long time, the Broncos have a competition at the kicker position. Here I'm projecting Brett Maher, but really nothing would shock me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43