2023 Broncos' Season, Roster Projections

 


As will be the case each Thursday of pre-season, I'm making my projections for the Broncos initial 53-man roster. Below is where I sit after two weeks of the pre-season.

QBs 2:
* Russell Wilson
* Jarrett Stidham

About: I think Ben DiNucci will be on the Practice Squad. I know he's had a good camp. However, I think the Broncos keep two on the active roster, and I think it's Wilson and Stidham.

RBs 5:
* Javonte Williams
* Samaje Perine
* Tyler Badie
* Jaleel McLaughlin
* Michael Burton

About: Badie is hurt and didn't play last night, but that can't take away what he's done throughout camp. Still, McLaughlin is too good for the practice squad. So, now I think the team will keep four tailbacks and Burton.

WRs 6:
* Courtland Sutton
* Jerry Jeudy
* Marvin Mims
* Marquez Callaway
* Brandon Johnson
* Lil Jordan Humphery

About: This would have been the Jalen Virgil spot for me, but now he's on IR. Johnson is still ailing, but I think he makes it. The final spot feels like a toss up, but Humphrey has been getting a lot of work, so I'm giving him the edge.

TEs 3:
* Adam Trautman
* Greg Dulcich
* Chris Manhertz

About: I remain consistent that I think the team keeps three, but a couple could well end up on the Practice Squad.

OLs 8:
* Garrett Bolles
* Mike McGlinchey
* Ben Powers
* Quinn Meinerz
* Lloyd Cushenberry
* Alex Forsyth
* Cam Fleming
* Quinn Bailey

About: Could they keep nine? Yes, but I'm starting to think they'll go with a traditional eight and stock some on the Practice Squad. This is the group I think will end up on the final roster.

DLs 6:
* Zach Allen
* D.J. Jones
* Jonathan Harris
* Elijah Garcia
* Matt Henningsen
* P.J. Mustipher

About: I think the top four are set. Henningsen feels like a good bet. Mustipher is my leader for six, but I'm not sold. It could also be Mike Purcell

LBs 10:
* Frank Clark
* Randy Gregory
* Jonathan Cooper
* Baron Browning
* Nik Bonitto
* Josey Jewell
* Alex Singleton
* Drew Sanders
* Aaron Patrick
* Justin Strnad

About: I increased to 10 here because the team will need depth, rotation and Special Teams. That gets Strnad in. Will he make it? I think he's still squarely on the fence.

DBs 10:
* Patrick Surtain II
* Damarri Mathis
* J'Waun Williams
* Ja'Quan McMillan
* Essang Bassey
* Riley Moss
* Justin Simmons
* Kareem Jackson
* Caden Sterns
* Delarrin Turner-Yell

About: I kept 10 here and see six corners and four safeties. There's just too many good players in the secondary to know who to keep.

Special Teams 3:
* Brett Maher
* Riley Dixon
* Mitchell Fraboni

About: Maher and Dixon were better this week and seem to be closing in on capturing the job. I think Fraboni takes the long snapper job, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43