Favorite Superhero Movies, No. 19

 


Throughout 2023 I'll be sharing my favorite Superhero Films each Saturday, counting down from 50 to 1. Check back each week throughout the year for the next installment. Agree? Disagree? What to share a favorite? Post it in the comments.

Loki: Enough! You are, all of you are beneath me! I am a god, you dull creature, and I will not be bullied by...
[Hulk flattens Loki with repeated smashes into the floor]

The Hulk: Puny god.

The Avengers (2012)
Starring:
Chris Evans, Robert Downey, Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, and Tom Hiddleston
Director: Joss Whedon
About: How is this going to work? That's what I remember thinking when the MCU and The Avengers was announced. We watched for four years as individual stories were told, all building to this big team up to kick-start the summer of 2012. I wasn't sure what to expect. What I got was a wild and fun ride. Over the years, the MCU has delivered better films. And yet, the original Avengers film remains in my Top 20 because of what an achievement it was. The way these characters came together and meshed was great. It felt like being a part of something bigger, something that continues now more than a decade later. The action works, the humor works and the film is a lot of fun. It remains one of the better MCU films and one of the better superhero films.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43