2023 NFL Season, Award Prediction

 


We’ve made it through the listing of teams and previews. Now it’s time to look at the predictions for the post-season. Today, that begins with my predictions for who might win the awards at the end of the season. Check back in January to see how close I come!

NFL MVP: Joe Burrow, Cincinnati Bengals QB
About:
Burrow is a heck of a quarterback. I’m pushing my chips in with Burrow and the Bengals this year, as you’ll see in the playoff predictions tomorrow. I have Burrow listed as my QB1 for re-draft this year, too. I think he and the Bengals will have a big season and he’ll end up as the NFL’s regular season MVP.

NFL Coach of the Year: Dan Campbell, Detroit Lions
About:
Yes, I know the Lions were good last year. They finished at 9-8 and nearly made the playoffs. This has been part of a multi-year re-build for the Lions. I like what Campbell has brought to the team and I think he’s going to enjoy more success this season. I think the Lions will win the NFC North and make the playoffs, which is why he’ll end up in the Coach of the Year spot.

NFL Comeback Player of the Year: Javonte Williams, Denver Broncos
About:
Williams tore his ACL and other ligaments last season. Before that, he seemed poised for a breakout. Now, with Sean Payton in town, I think that breakout is coming. He’s healthy and ready for Week 1 and I’m pumped. We’ve seen what Payton’s offense has done with backs like Alvin Kamara. I’m expecting a huge season for Williams.

NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year: Jahmyr Gibbs, Detroit Lions
About:
I think this is going to be a tight race between Gibbs, Bijan Robinson and Anthony Richardson. All are talented and all are going to put up numbers. But I think Gibbs is going to play an integral part in helping the Lions into the playoffs, so I’m giving him the slight edge here.

NFL Fantasy MVP: Jerrick McKinnon, Kansas City Chiefs
About:
I’m going out on a limb here. McKinnon was a terror down the stretch for the Chiefs in 2022. He caught a lot of passes and got a lot of touchdowns. He ended up as RB20 despite only being a big part of the offense for the last part of the season. I think he’ll have a similar role in the offense in 2023, especially with the Chiefs again relying on an inexperienced group of receivers. Isaih Pacheco is the pounder on the ground, but I think McKinnon can produce solid RB2 values as the receiving back. That would make him a big value based on his pre-season projections and ADP.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43