2023 NFL Season, Playoff Prediction

 


And for the final piece in the 2023 NFL Preview, it’s come time for my fearless playoff predictions. Below are my predictions for the finishes in the AFC and NFC along with my picks for the Super Bowl. Check back in January to see how close I come.

NFC Playoff Field

No. 1: Philadelphia Eagles. The Eagles were in the Super Bowl last year and I think they’ll be a strong contender again this year, winning the NFC East.

No. 2: San Francisco 49ers. I’m not one of those that thinks Brock Purdy’s success was a fluke. I like the 49ers to be a top contender again this season.

No. 3: Detroit Lions. If you read yesterday, you would know that I’m all in on Dan Campbell and the Lions. I think they win the NFC North this season.

No. 4: Atlanta Falcons. Someone has to win the NFC South. I like the Falcons behind Drake London, Kyle Pitts and Bijan Robinson to get to nine wins and take the division.

No. 5: Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys are a talented team that figure to be contenders again. If not for the Eagles, they might be a division champion. I think they’ll be a top Wild Card.

No. 6: Minnesota Vikings. They might not be as good as last year’s team, but the Vikings should still make the playoff field.

No. 7: New York Giants. I think the Giants are again good enough to win nine or 10 games and make the playoffs as a low-end Wild Card.

AFC Playoff Field

No. 1: Cincinnati Bengals. I like the Bengals a lot this season, too. I think Joe Burrow can win NFL MVP and the Bengals can be the top seed in the AFC.

No. 2: Buffalo Bills. The Bills are still strong contenders and I think they’ll do just enough to hold off the Dolphins to win the AFC East.

No. 3: Kansas City Chiefs. The reigning Super Bowl champions have enough firepower to win the division and earn a top seed again.

No. 4: Jacksonville Jaguars. The Jaguars surprised to get into the playoffs last season. They won’t surprise this season, but I think they still make the playoff field.

No. 5: Los Angeles Chargers. I think the Chargers are good enough to make it back to the playoffs. If it breaks this way, we could see a re-match of last year’s Wild Card game, too.

No. 6: Miami Dolphins. I like the Dolphins this year. I think Tua will stay healthy, and the Dolphins will push the Bills in the AFC East.

No. 7: Denver Broncos. With better coaching, the Broncos could have gotten here last year. With Sean Payton, I think they get it done in 2023.

NFC Champion: San Francisco 49ers. The 49ers are a good team with a lot of weapons. I suspect we see another good battle with the Eagles, this time with the 49ers making a return to the Super Bowl.

AFC Champion: Cincinnati Bengals. I like the Bengals this year. I think Joe Burrow gets them back to the Super Bowl.

Super Bowl Champion: Cincinnati Bengals. A classic matchup, but this time the Bengals get the win.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43