Favorite Superhero Movies, No. 13

 


Throughout 2023 I'll be sharing my favorite Superhero Films each Saturday, counting down from 50 to 1. Check back each week throughout the year for the next installment. Agree? Disagree? What to share a favorite? Post it in the comments.

Miles Morales: [final lines, voiceover] Okay, let's do this one last time, yeah? For real this time. This is it. My name is Miles Morales. I was bitten by a radioactive spider. And for like two days, I've been the one and only Spider-Man. I think you know the rest. I finished my essay. I saved a bunch of people. Got hit by a drone. Did this with my dad. Met my roommate finally. Slapped a sticker where my Dad's never going to find it. And when I feel alone, like no one understands what I'm going through, I remember my friends who get it. I never thought I'd be able to do any of this stuff. But I can. Anyone can wear the mask. You can wear the mask. If you didn't know that before, I hope you do now. Cuz I'm Spider-Man. And I'm not the only one. Not by a long shot.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)
Starring:
Shameik Moore, Hailee Steinfeld, Jake Johnson, Brian Tyree Henry, Mahershala Ali, and Liev Schrieber
Director: Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey, and Rodney Rothman
About: We've seen a lot of different Spider-Man tales. In fact, I've chronicled a few on this list already. But we've never seen any like this trip into the Spider-Verse. I loved the introduction of Miles Morales and the way this story takes shape. It was an animated film unlike anything I'd seen in the best way. It won Best Animated Feature and built a rich world. It was one of the best surprises the year it was released and holds up, for me, as one of the best Spider-Man films and one of the best superhero films. So, that's how it ended up on this list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43