Favorite Superhero Movies, No. 16

 


Throughout 2023 I'll be sharing my favorite Superhero Films each Saturday, counting down from 50 to 1. Check back each week throughout the year for the next installment. Agree? Disagree? What to share a favorite? Post it in the comments.

Ramonda: I am Queen of the most powerful nation in the world! And my entire family is gone! Have I not given everything?

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)
Starring:
Angela Bassett, Leticia Wright, Lupita Nyong'o, Winston Duke, Dani Gurira, and Tenoch Huerta
Director: Ryan Coogler
About: How do you replace Chadwick Boseman? How do you continue the legacy of the Black Panther? Those were the questions that hung over this film. How would it deliver a continued story in the wake of the tragedy that claimed the life of Boseman. This film was the result, a powerful, emotional and beautifully crafted film. It drives the story of the world and the characters forward but it's also a meditation on grief and a loving tribute to the first Black Panther. Bassett is incredible in this film and probably should have won the Academy Award. I loved the emotional depth of this film, which was one of my favorites from last year. It didn't reach the heights of the first film for me but it's still one of the better MCU films, which is how it ended up on this list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43