Films of the 1970s, No. 14

 


Throughout 2023 I'm looking at my favorite films from the decade of the 1970s. I'll be counting down from 50 to 1 throughout the year, posting a new installment each Friday. Agree? Disagree? Want to share a story? Post it in the comments below!

McMurphy: I must be crazy to be in a loony bin like this.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)
Starring
: Jack Nicholson, Louise Fletcher, and Will Sampson
Director: Milos Foreman
About: I wouldn't say I love this film. It's a difficult story and one that doesn't have a happy ending. Many people know that as the book by Ken Kesey is often foist upon high school students, or was when I was in that age range. But this is a classic and well made film. There have been three films in American history that have won the Oscar for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress and Best Screenplay, and this is one of those films. Foreman does a great job bringing the film to life, but it is the iconic performance from Nicholson that is probably best remembered. It's inarguably not only one of the best films of the decade, but one of the most memorable. That's a big part of why it ended up so high on my list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43