Films of the 1970s, No. 10

 


Throughout 2023 I'm looking at my favorite films from the decade of the 1970s. I'll be counting down from 50 to 1 throughout the year, posting a new installment each Friday. Agree? Disagree? Want to share a story? Post it in the comments below!

Ripley: Final report of the commercial starship Nostromo, third officer reporting. The other members of the crew - Kane, Lambert, Parker, Brett, Ash, and Captain Dallas - are dead. Cargo and ship destroyed. I should reach the frontier in about six weeks. With a little luck, the network will pick me up. This is Ellen Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off.

Alien (1979)
Starring:
Sigourney Weaver, Tom Skeritt, John Hurt, Harry Dean Stanton, and Ian Holm
Director: Ridley Scott
About: We've made it to the Top 10, the top of the films from the decade that I come to time and again. I made this list and then put it on a calendar for release. It was at that point that I chucked to myself. I began October with The Exorcist, and now we're at Alien. There are well made dramatic films, but they are also spooky tales. Alien is deeply unsettling at time. I remember when I first saw it and the tension that coursed through me. That's a credit to director Ridley Scott and his vision for the film. Weaver is great in the lead role and the story really hums here, too. There are some iconic scenes and I love the way this story is put together. This is a classic, and one of my favorite films from the decade.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43