Films of the 1970s, No. 11

 


Throughout 2023 I'm looking at my favorite films from the decade of the 1970s. I'll be counting down from 50 to 1 throughout the year, posting a new installment each Friday. Agree? Disagree? Want to share a story? Post it in the comments below!

Hedley Lamarr: Men, you are about to embark on a great crusade to stamp out runaway decency in the west. Now you men will only be risking your lives, whilst I will be risking an almost certain Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor.

Blazing Saddles (1974)
Starring
: Gene Wilder, Cleavon Little, Slim Pickens, Madeline Khan, Mel Brooks, and Harvey Korman
Director: Mel Brooks
About: And now we get to the second Mel Brooks film high up in my countdown. This is a western and a comedy and a social commentary. It all works really well. Brooks has a certain style which has created fans for years. This is my favorite of his films. It's absurd and goes in wild directions, including a third act that quite literally breaks the Fourth Wall. The performances are also great. I love Little and Wilder together and the way they carry a lot of the humor and heart of this story. This is a fun and surprising film.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43