Favorite Superhero Films, No. 7

 


Throughout 2023 I'll be sharing my favorite Superhero Films each Saturday, counting down from 50 to 1. Check back each week throughout the year for the next installment. Agree? Disagree? What to share a favorite? Post it in the comments.

Alfred: [to Bruce] Remember when you left Gotham? Before all this, before Batman? You were gone seven years. Seven years I waited, hoping that you wouldn't come back. Every year, I took a holiday. I went to Florence, there's this cafe, on the banks of the Arno. Every fine evening, I'd sit there and order a Fernet Branca. I had this fantasy, that I would look across the tables and I'd see you there, with a wife and maybe a couple of kids. You wouldn't say anything to me, nor me to you. But we'd both know that you'd made it, that you were happy. I never wanted you to come back to Gotham. I always knew there was nothing here for you, except pain and tragedy. And I wanted something more for you than that. I still do.

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
Starring:
Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Anne Hathaway, Tom Hardy, Marion Cotillard, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Director: Christopher Nolan
About: Nolan is a fantastic director and two of his films are in my Top 10 on this list. I know, you're surprised to see another Batman film. Well, get used to it. This isn't the last of them, either. But this is a film that has continued to grow in my esteem over the 11 years since it was released. It is the conclusion to the trilogy in this world, but it's a richly emotional journey that is much more than a comic book adaptation. It's masterful in crafting the story and it beautifully provides a rich, emotional journey for all those involved. I love it and it was an easy choice to be on this list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43