Films of the 1970s, No. 5

 


Throughout 2023 I'm looking at my favorite films from the decade of the 1970s. I'll be counting down from 50 to 1 throughout the year, posting a new installment each Friday. Agree? Disagree? Want to share a story? Post it in the comments below!

Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi: The Force will be with you, always.

Star Wars (1977)
Starring:
Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, and Alec Guinness
Director: George Lucas
About: The whole of Star Wars has always had a big impact on me. My relationship with this original film has changed over the years. I wasn't old enough to experience this when it was released. I came to Star Wars as a young child and this first installment wasn't the most action-packed. As I've grown, I've come to appreciate this and properly rank it among the films in the franchise. But as we look at films of the 1970s, it's impossible to deny that this film was a great cinematic achievement. It had a profound impact on films going forward and holds up as a classic. Nearly 50 years of lore and films have been built from this first installment. It's also probably the best film Lucas ever directed. It's impactful and entertaining, an incredible combination. That made it an easy choice to lead the Top 5 in this countdown.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43