Favorite Superhero Movies, No. 3


 

Throughout 2023 I'll be sharing my favorite Superhero Films each Saturday, counting down from 50 to 1. Check back each week throughout the year for the next installment. Agree? Disagree? What to share a favorite? Post it in the comments.

Rorschach: You see, Doctor, God didn't kill that little girl. Fate didn't butcher her and destiny didn't feed her to those dogs. If God saw what any of us did that night he didn't seem to mind. From then on I knew... God doesn't make the world this way. We do.

Watchmen (2009)
Starring
: Jackie Earle Haley, Billy Crudup, Patrick Wilson, Matthew Goode, Malin Akerman, and Carla Gugino
Director: Zack Snyder
About: The source material for this is on Time's list of the 100 greatest novels of all time. It's an iconic story if not an easy one to watch. When I first saw this adaptation, I was drawn in. I love the way Snyder adapted this. The visuals and the music choices work, and I enjoy the performances. Some weren't as taken with the way he brought this to life, but it works for me. I remember seeing it four times in theaters when it was released. It's a film that remains compelling to me today which is why it's one of my favorite superhero films of all time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43