Films of the 1970s, No. 1

 


Throughout 2023 I'm looking at my favorite films from the decade of the 1970s. I'll be counting down from 50 to 1 throughout the year, posting a new installment each Friday. Agree? Disagree? Want to share a story? Post it in the comments below!

Hooper: I'm not going to waste my time arguing with a man who's lining up to be a hot lunch.

Jaws (1975)
Starring:
Roy Scheider, Richard Dreyfuss, and Robert Shaw
Director: Steven Spielberg
About: When you get to the top of the list, it's often a tough choice. This was no exception. There are plenty of worthy films in the 1970s and plenty that I find meaningful. But when I thought about THE top film, for me it came down to Jaws. It's an incredible film. It's an iconic film. It was the forerunner of a lot of things. There are so many little moments that speak to me. There are great lines and classic sequences. The way Spielberg put the story together has made it a classic that has endured for nearly 50 years. I watch it every year and it remains one of my Top 5 films of all time, personally. For all those reasons, it was the film I landed on to complete this countdown of films from the 1970s.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43